Oinousses is a cluster of islands between Chios and Erithraia peninsula. Oinousses constitute of the islands Oinoussa or Aignousa, Panagia, Gaidouroniso, Vatos, Pontikoniso, Arhontoniso, Pateroniso, Pontikoudiko, Laimoudiko and Prasonisia.
In the port welcomes you a mermaid of copper and in the mole stands the statue of the mother of Oinousses.
Most public buildings and works are donations of shipowners from Oinousses.
On the island are a Naval High school and an Academy of Commercial Navy.
- Many churches most of which are vows from marines, like Aghios Nikolaos, Aghios Georgios and the church of Zoodochos Pighi at the isle Panagia.
- The spiritual center “Georgios Laimos”.
- The Building of the Maritime Museum
- The monument of the Unknown Sailor, built in 1952, donation of Spyros A. Lemos
- The monastery of Annunciation with the icons and the murals by Photis Kontoglou
Zepagas, Kastro, Farkero, Mpilalis, Hatzialis
What to shop
Textiles made from the nuns of the monastery of Annunciation.
Don’t forget to taste the local “boureklikia”, a pie crust stuffed with culinary herbs.