A cluster of islands at the west of Chios. Only the bigger one, Psara is inhabited. The other islands are Antipsara, Kato Nisi, the Daskaleio, Saint Nikolaos and the Prasonisi.
Psara is an ideal destination for serene vacations away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
The island is the homeland of the hero and fire ship captain of the Greek War of Independence Konstantinos Kanaris.
Every year on June 22, the anniversary of the holocaust of Psara, take place cultural events organised by the Municipality.
- Konstantinos Kanaris house
- Palaiokastro built in the 15th century
- the Monastery of the Assumption where rare religious books are kept.
- Kato Gialos and Kastouni, sandy beaches near the port
- Lazareta, only 10 minutes on foot from the port
- Limnos and Lakka, 20 minutes on foot from the port
What to shop
Honey, kopanisti (cheese) and mizithra cheese. Don’t forget to eat fresh fish and lobsters.