A small island in Argosaronikos gulf, has an area of 21 sq. km and belongs to Piraeus prefecture. From 1848 it was the naval station and in 1878 the station was transferred to Salamina. For a long time the main activity of the island was shipping and today tourism is the main source of income for the residents.
- the archaeological site of Neptune’s sanctum
- the Naval Station
The people of Poros participated in the Greek revolution of 1821 mainly by the sea. In 1826 Poros was the seat of the Constitutional Assembly. Until 1827 it was the Government seat and in 1828 met here the representatives of the big states to determine the borders of Greece.