A verdurous island of perennial olives, pines, cypresses and bushes, with beautiful beaches, graphic gulfs, steep coasts and fascinating marine caves. The settlements, with samples of genuine eptanisian architecture, the churches and chapels, in combination with the distinct natural environment make Paxoi an ideal destination. Walking the streets and paths give you the opportunity to see every corner of the island, while the bays are offered for mooring and are a reference point to those who travel in the Ionian.
According to mythology, Neptune extracted Paxoi with his trident from island Corfu, and made them the erotic shelter for himself and Amfitritis.
- Antipaxoi. An island famous for its great beaches.
- Agios Nikolaos at Gaios port with the Venetian castle (1423, the chapels of St.Nikolas and St.Johm, and the windmill.
- Panagia island with a monastery and graphic lighthouse.
- Mogonisi. A small bridge connects the island with Paxoi.
- Kaltsonisi with St. Spiridonas church.
- Ortholithos an impressive steep rock at the west of the island.
- The rocky islands Marmaro and Katergo.
- The church of St. Apostles
- St. Charalampos church
- The statue of Georgios Anemogiannis, captain of fire ship who was killed by the Turks in Naypaktos (1821)
- The settlement Fontana with the church of Panagia Vlaherna
- Erimitis, an imposing landscape with steep rocks.
- Kastanida, an area of wild natural beauty
The museum of the Cultural Society of Paxi.
The entire north side of the island has exotic beaches one next to the other. Some of them are:
Kloni Gouli, Kamini, Kaki Lagada, Alati, Plakes, Soulanaina, Ballos, Porto, Charami, Kanoni, Planoi, Arkoudaki, Orkos, Lakkos, Levrehio, Marmari, Kipos, Kipiadis, Glyfada, Monodendri
- Olive oil
- Bread products
«Scorpion bourdeto», «smerna bianco», rice with limpets, «savouro» (fish with plum and rosemary), rooster, and a lot of fresh fish, seafood and lobster with pasta.
- Festival of classical music in the summer months
- A fair at Panagia island on August 15th.