Leros the island of goddess Artemis. Artemis, goddess of hunting chose Leros to place her throne, not being able to resist its beauty.
For 10.000 years Leros offers its coasts. Time has engraved the island. People and cultures have passed from the the forest plains of Leros, lied under the oak trees, breathed the blue and green colors.
Modern Leros refuses to adapt the intense rythms of a city. Its white houses entertain quiet, hospitable people who know how to enjoy the sun, unconcerned. They are ready to treat you on your way there “pougakia”, “soumadia”, cheese pies, cream cheese and more.
- The fort of Virgin Mary
- The windmills in Apityki
- The watermill at Ag. Marina port
- The churches: Panagia “Gourlomata”, Panagia “Kavouradena” Agios Petros, Agios Isidoros
- The buildings in Lakki
- Traditional houses in Ag.Marina and Platanos
- Beleni Castle
- The castle in Panteli
- Artemida temple
Agia Marina – Lakki
- The Archaeological Museum, in Agia Marina
- The Ecclesiastical – Archaeological Museum, within the Fortress of Panagia
- The historical and Cultural museum in the Bellenis Castle
- The Municipal Library
– In the surrounding islands: